Click pictures for full size and slide show..
Mr & Mrs Ratcliffe
Alex (son in law) contacted us initially through rated people to come and have a look at the roof which had been poorly fitted a few years back. That job is also on our portfolio page if you want to have a look. Anyway, after having a chat about the roof and which kind of tiles they were after Alex walked back to the van with me and noticed on the van that we also did kitchens! He said we may as well have a look at that while i was there! As luck would have it i even had my laptop with the kitchen design software. So, back inside we went, kettle on again and more discussions to be had! They hadnt really come up with any solid kitchend design ideas so i was free to come up with ideas. It immediately struck me what i would like to do with the space, i just had to sell the idea to John and family! Their existing kitchen was down one end of a kitchen/diner knockthrough and the space wasnt really being used to its potential. You will see from the photos above that it is actually quite a large space once all the old stuff was out.
I suggested running the kitchen along the party wall and moving the current dining table from one side to the other (currently dead space) A few raised eyebrows and a 3D image later it was clear i was winning them over! With the new layout they got much more worktop space, the american style fridge freezer John had always wanted and much more usable space around the sink area not to mention the vastly increased storage space within the base and wall cabinets.
As you can see from the photos here, this was a truly amazing transformation from an old tired kitchen/dining area to what is now a clean, modern sleek contemporary kitchen diner with a light airy feel to it. Jobs a good un!
CDA DC940 Oven
CDA HCG931 Hob
CDA ECP92 Hood
CDA WC140 Dishwasher
CDA CI931 Washer
CDA CI921 Dryer
CDA KVA11 Sink
TAP Rangemaster Spa filter tap TSA4CM
AMERICAN Fridge Freezer BEKO GNEV321APX
Worktop chosen was a Black sparkle 40mm laminate worktop with 100mm upstands
1. Supply 2 x skips to site
2. Remove all old kitchen appliances, cabinets, worktop, flooring and tiles – make safe gas supply in kitchen
3. Remove back door and dispose – brick up where necessary – brick out for french doors.
4. Supply and install catnic lintel or recommended support above french doors – Supply and install UPVC french doors
5. Inspect floor timbers repairing or renewing as necessary. Lay self levelling compound where needed on concrete
6. Remove all ceiling plasterboards and dispose, supply and fit new plasterboard ceiling, fit lighting, skim finish
7. Move all gas pipes, water pipes and electrical supplies as necessary for new kitchen plan and design
8. Remove stud wall from party wall in kitchen and dispose all timber,plasterboard and insulation.
9. Supply and fit new plasterboard to party wall (dot n dab) and skim finish routing electrics as necessary
10 Supply and fit 18mm rigid built kitchen cabinets, 22mm Laquered Lucente doors, laminate worktops and all
appliances as per attached kitchen breakdown
11. Supply and fit LED lighting under the wall cabinets in kitchen (Pyramid style LEDS)
12. Supply and fit flooring (flooring costed at £15psm) Advice will be given once existing flooring is up and inspected.
13. Patch plastering is included in price (any holes in walls will be bonded and patch plastered)
14. All wallpaper must be removed from all walls prior to NMB starting work. (Leave ceiling because being removed)
15. Supply and install ramp to french doors externally for wheelchair access – french doors will be low threshold.
16. All materials and labour are included in this quote unless otherwise stated.
17. All debris will be cleared from site and placed in skip and site cleaned before NMB leave